Thursday 20 September 2012

Uber Acrylic Paint Week 2

I have been very busy these last few weeks with Matthew's engagement party and now I have final got back to my Art Journalling.
I have had Nathalie Kalbach"s Uber Acrylic Paint online workshop since July and have watched it several times so now I an doing it.
Week One was about colour and since I understand colour I didn't do any painting.
Week Two is about doing backgrounds so I did some painting......................

First background................


On this background I used a brayer to mix three colours together. It gave an interesting effect pushing all the colours together. I got a little carried away and blended a little too much. 

Second..............


On this background again I used three colours but this time I scraped the colours off using a plastic card. The colours are more distinct and haven't blended that much.

Third......................


On this background again I used three colours and I brayed them together than using a plastic card removed some of the paint. So you see areas where there is a lot of blending (brayer used) and other areas where the paint colours really show through (scraped with plastic card). This is one of my favorites.

Fourth....................


On this background I taped rectangles to the page and then added Tim Holtz Tissue Paper Tape along the edges and in between the rectangles. I then applied gold metallic and some purple paint with a plastic card. 

Fifth...........................


This background started off by covering the whole page with painter's tape. I then coloured the whole area with two different colour paints. I then dried the area....................


And then added some more tape to certain areas. The page was painted again............. I stared off using yellow but it didn't cover so well so I added some red and so I got orange. I removed the second lot of tape while paint was still wet and found some yellow had seeped through which gave a nice effect.

Sixth.......................


On this background Metallic gold and silver paint covered the page and the the painted was heated till it bubbled but not burn. 



 Here is a closer look of the effect. I had to be in a well vented area when I cooked the background.

Seventh......................


This background was painted a light colour.


I made a colour wash with a dark brown and a lot of water. I painted the whole area and while still wet I started to wipe. The dark paint was staring to dry and wouldn't wipe off that well so I used a baby wipe and it really worked well.

I then made a journal page using the first background. 


Using one of the colours, light blue, I stamped circles and added the blue to the around the edges. 


Using Dylusion stamps, hero art stamps, archival ink, white pen and washi tape I made this page.



Hope to start week three later today

Thanks for dropping by:

Marg



No comments:

Post a Comment