Monday 25 March 2013

Doing Sara's Yearlong Class

I am doing Sara"s Yearlong Class at The Paperie. The is a monthly mixed media class which is suppose to be about what is going on in your life  on a monthly bases. I decided to do my album on my oversea trips.  This class is a challenge for me because I am not a scrapbooker and this is getting me to use my love for mixes media with scrapbooking. Sara is so supportive in my approach to this class.

In the first class in February we did a canvas page and a two page layout. I got my canvas page finished but I am still working on the two page layout.

My canvas is about my visit to Ireland. I used many different products for this page Golden Reg Gel Medium,  Viva Inka Gold,Viva Modeling CreamGolden Acrylic PaintsInktense Pencils, Beeswax, Stamp block and Rangers Archival Ink

I loved using the small Studio Calico Wood Veneer Alphabet Darling Dear for the cities I visited.

This months class I missed (my dog got sick and had to go to the vet). Sara told us she was going to do the album cover so I did it at home and I had a lot of fun doing it.

 I used a lot of products. The products I used this cover are Golden molding paste, clear tar gel, acrylic paints, Viva inka gold and modeling cream, and Luminarte Silks.




Here are some close ups.

I used a variety of chipboard letters for the all the names. also used veered wooden suitcase.

I love the way the colours swirl in the clear tar gel and the veneer wooden planes

Doing this class is going to be fun and a challenge I am looking forward to doing it!

My challenge to you is to get out as many products you have and have fun creating!

Take Care
Marg

2 comments:

  1. Your cover is amazing Marg! Really incredible!

    ReplyDelete