Thursday 20 September 2012

Uber Acrylic Paint Week 2

I have been very busy these last few weeks with Matthew's engagement party and now I have final got back to my Art Journalling.
I have had Nathalie Kalbach"s Uber Acrylic Paint online workshop since July and have watched it several times so now I an doing it.
Week One was about colour and since I understand colour I didn't do any painting.
Week Two is about doing backgrounds so I did some painting......................

First background................

On this background I used a brayer to mix three colours together. It gave an interesting effect pushing all the colours together. I got a little carried away and blended a little too much. 


On this background again I used three colours but this time I scraped the colours off using a plastic card. The colours are more distinct and haven't blended that much.


On this background again I used three colours and I brayed them together than using a plastic card removed some of the paint. So you see areas where there is a lot of blending (brayer used) and other areas where the paint colours really show through (scraped with plastic card). This is one of my favorites.


On this background I taped rectangles to the page and then added Tim Holtz Tissue Paper Tape along the edges and in between the rectangles. I then applied gold metallic and some purple paint with a plastic card. 


This background started off by covering the whole page with painter's tape. I then coloured the whole area with two different colour paints. I then dried the area....................

And then added some more tape to certain areas. The page was painted again............. I stared off using yellow but it didn't cover so well so I added some red and so I got orange. I removed the second lot of tape while paint was still wet and found some yellow had seeped through which gave a nice effect.


On this background Metallic gold and silver paint covered the page and the the painted was heated till it bubbled but not burn. 

 Here is a closer look of the effect. I had to be in a well vented area when I cooked the background.


This background was painted a light colour.

I made a colour wash with a dark brown and a lot of water. I painted the whole area and while still wet I started to wipe. The dark paint was staring to dry and wouldn't wipe off that well so I used a baby wipe and it really worked well.

I then made a journal page using the first background. 

Using one of the colours, light blue, I stamped circles and added the blue to the around the edges. 

Using Dylusion stamps, hero art stamps, archival ink, white pen and washi tape I made this page.

Hope to start week three later today

Thanks for dropping by:


Saturday 1 September 2012

Some Great News

On Thursday night my youngest son Matthew who just graduate became engaged to a very lovely girl and her name is Ashley.

PIcture taken at Matt's Graduation dinner and dance
I am so happy for them. Right now they are still in Toronto where he proposed on the Observation Deck in the CN Tower just after having a meal at the 360 restaurant, Ashley new nothing about this. They get home on  Sept. 3. Congratulations to you guys. Love You

Started New Faux Leather Journals

I am trying a new technique to my faux leather journals. I have used Crafters Workshop Stencils and so far I am liking them. I used this technique on 8 journals which will be 6.75 by 7 inches when completed.

I have painted and stenciled with Liquitex Basic Paints. After they dried I stitched them on the sewing machine and applied Tim Holtz Distress inks over the whole journal. In some areas I wipe and in others I just left it the way it was. This gives the journals a bit of dimension. So my next steps will be waxing, adding the paper and the final step will be adding a clasp of some kind.............. not sure what kind.............. might change this also. Hope to finish them all by next week.