Sunday 19 August 2012

Great Book Finds

I am here enjoying my birthday reading three new books I found at Urchin Art Material and Papery. The are all on Acrylic painting.

The first one is called 'rethinking acrylic' by Patti Brady


This book explains in very comprehensive terms exactly what acrylic paints are and then goes into the different types of gels and mediums. Patti refers to Golden Products when she explains how each product can be used. Her explanations are concise and she also gives projects so you can use give the products a try.
 Love this book and will definitely use as a reference.
The cost of this book was $39.99

The next two books I have been reading are 'THE NEW ACRYLICS COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE  NEW GENERATION OF ACRYLIC PAINT' and 'NEW ACRYLICS ESSENTIAL RESOURCE BOOK'  both are by Rheni Tauchid


These books are more informative than the first books. They go more into the the meanings of all the different terminology used so you can choose the right acrylic paint for yourself. The different mediums or gels are also discussed in great detail. The books have similar names but they complement each other  and there really isn't any overlap.
When Rheni refers to a particular product it is Tri-Art (a Canadian Company) .
I read these books together and found a lot of interesting information about everything dealing with acrylic paints I also like the fact that Acrylic Inks were included.
There are some projects at the end of The New Acrylics.
I bought these books together and the cost was  with tax $56.65.
For the money they are definitely worth it especially if you are like me and like to know everything about a product you use so you can get all you can from it.

I am really enjoying these books and I know all three books will be used.

See you later I am off to my Birthday Supper "Chinese"
Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment