Friday 3 August 2012

Great Trip

My husband and I are just back from a trip to Rocky Harbour. This was an unplanned trip . We packed our bags me forgetting a jacket and Gary forget something important. When we got in the car Gary asked where shall we go and I really had no idea. So we decided on Gros Morne ...........Rocky Harbour. We drove across the island in 8.5 hours the only stops were, gas in Clarenville and  a snack in GrandFalls Windsor.

Dark line is our trip
Some pictures on the way to Rocky Harbour at the beginning of the Northern Penisula


Gros Morne Mountain




We had supper at this nice Cafe/Souvenir Shop called Treasure Box ate outside and this was the view.


The next day after having breakfast at the Treasure Box we decided to climb Gros Morne Mountain which we completed  after 9hours and 45 minutes.

 I found it very challenging to say the least mainly due to it being 26C with a very light breeze and I am sure it was at least 20C at the summit and still just a light breezes. I was sweating a lot and I was hot. Then I twisted my knee on the way down so every step I descended was painful but I DID IT with the encouragement of my husband. I AM PROUD that I CLIMBED GROS MORNE MOUNTAIN.

Took Some pictures on the way.



Here I am ready to go!


This is the start of the uphill climb............................

See the Circle this is where we climbed up the mountain ........................................................



First have to cross the bridge.




See those rocks I climbed over them.

I am getting there..................................

Very close to the summit. Having a little rest before the final push up.


WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!


Above the clouds 806 meters


This is on the other side of Gros Morne if the fog was not there would be a river below.


A pond cross the valley on the way down.

For more information on Grose Morne look here












No comments:

Post a Comment